The Home Depot
Since 2011, we have partnered with The Home Depot to improve the homes and lives of U.S. military veterans and their families nationwide.
Since 2011, The Home Depot Foundation has given nearly $10 million to Volunteers of America to improve housing solutions for homeless veterans and their families. The partnership between the two organizations has funded more than 73 veterans' housing projects, providing more than 2,500 units for veterans, including more than 400 units specifically for women veterans and their families. Projects included housing in Alabama, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas and Wahsington.
In addition, Team Depot, The Home Depot’s associate-led volunteer force, has completed countless projects in partnership with Volunteers of America affiliates across the country.
Volunteers of America's partnership with The Home Depot is part of the company's nationwide commitment to improving the homes and lives of U.S. military veterans and their families. In the last four years, Team Depot has transformed more than 17,000 homes for veterans and their families with the support of more than $85 million in donations from The Home Depot Foundation.
Learn more at www.homedepot.com/teamdepot.
Partnership News and Success Stories
- Team Depot Make Significant Improvements to Veterans' Home
- Volunteers of America of Florida and The Home Depot Improve Transitional Housing for Veterans
- Home Depot Transforms Tampa, FL Home for Korean War Veteran
- The Home Depot Transforms Commonwealth Veterans Residence for Bronx Veterans
- Volunteers of America of Florida and The Home Depot Join Forces to Repair Affordable Housing
- The Home Depot Assists During Hurricane Katrina Commemoration Events
- The Home Depot Participates in Panel Discussion "The Wages of Valor: Economic and Employment Challenges Facing America's Veterans"
- The Home Depot Helps Put Finishing Touches on Community for Homeless Female Veterans
- The Home Depot Foundation Provides Volunteers of America with Almost $1.8 Million to Provide Homes and Services to Veterans in Need
- The Home Depot Foundation Participates in Volunteers of America's "After the Uniform 2014: Responding to America’s Women Warriors" Panel Discussion
- With Assistance from The Home Depot Foundation, Volunteers of America, the Largest Provider of Veterans Services, Offers Insight on Returning Women Veterans
- From Homelessness to a Master's Degree: The Impact of The Home Depot Foundation on a Veteran's Life
- The Home Depot Beautifies Clermont Commons, Transitional Homes for Female Veterans
- What's Orange and White and Loves Stars and Stripes? - The Home Depot Foundations Helps Transform Sprawling Veterans' Service Center Property
- Transitional Housing Program for Homeless Women Veterans Allows for Self-Sufficiency
- “I was surprised they had a place like this for veterans.” - veteran suffering from PTSD at a program The Home Depot Foundation helps fund
- The Home Depot Renovates Shelter for Homeless Female Veterans and Battered Women and Children