As a VOA Affiliate, Why Should You Participate in the Community Health Incubator?
- 3 months of entrepreneurship and business development training + 3 months of coaching and mentorship with industry experts
- Opportunities to collaborate and learn from other VOA affiliates and mission-aligned entrepreneurs
- Lasting education and experience to instill into other new ideas in the future
- $10,000 Futures Fund Affiliate Capacity Grant for Train & Model Stage
- $15,000 grant for Test & Pilot Stage (must qualify to enter this stage)
- Enhanced Affiliate capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship
- Increased exposure for Affiliate’s brand and services
- Possible eligibility for later stage venture investment up to $200,000
- Increased access to health services
- Reduced disparities by addressing social determinants of health
- Potential connections and/or joint-venture partnerships with non-VOA businesses that focus on shared community health goal
To be eligible to qualify for the Community Heath Incubator, a VOA Affiliate Cohort team should be able to meet these following criteria:
- Succinctly describe your business idea, with a moderate understanding of its target market, competition, customer/client acquisition strategy, business model, and financial plan.
- Social enterprises already piloted or launched with an intention to scale or adapt are encouraged to apply.
- Your potential new business or service line improves the health equity of underserved populations.
- It should be financially sustainable through viable earned revenue streams, not completely dependent upon traditional fundraising
- Within a 3-year time horizon, it should be able to produce profit margins which may create a path for investor opportunities and/or add unrestricted income to the affiliate’s bottom line.
- Teams need to be comprised of at least two VOA staff who can commit 8-10 hours per week for the duration of the 6-month Incubator program.
- Approximately 2-3 of those weekly hours to be spent in Zoom training or coaching meetings.
- The Affiliate’s CEO and CFO must be willing to commit in writing their support of the project and the time commitment of the Incubator team.
How To Apply
- Wed & Thurs, December 8-9, 2021: Incubator Informational Webinar (click HERE to view the webinar)
- Friday January 7, 2022: Proposals Due COB (SurveyMonkey® Submission)
- Week of February 21, 2022: Incubator Notifications Sent
- Week of March 7, 2022: Incubator Begins
- Week of May 23, 2022: Incubator Concludes