- 35 Units
1215 Lincoln Avenue
Jacksonville, IL 62650
- SeniorsWe provide housing for seniors who want to live independent lifestyles where they can thrive and age in place.
- Persons with DisabilitiesIn addition to housing, we provide activities, health and medical care, transportation, and individual case management to encourage independence.
- Equal Housing Opportunity
- Handicap accessible
- Partnership for Sustainable Communities
Balsam Terrace is a 35 unit apartment community serving low income seniors. Each apartment has a weather alert and lighting system for persons with hearing loss.
- Community room for parties with television for entertainment
- Laundry rooms on each floor
- Lighted parking lot
- Pot luck
- Religious service
- Sign language classes
- Movie night and more
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.