WELCOME TO CENTENNIAL PLACE APARTMENTS
The former Lykes Steamship Building at 1770 Tchoupitoulas Street is now 52 sustainable apartments. The apartments are a mix of modern amenities and design with a nod to the building’s historical heritage. This development at 1770 Tchoupitoulas is also home to Volunteers of America Greater New Orleans’ Fresh Food Factor Program, which provides fresh and healthy meal options to children in the Orleans Parish school district.
- Modern 1 and 2-bedroom apartments
- Silver LEED-rated building
- Contemporary kitchens that feature: wood cabinetry, Energy Star rated appliances including refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher
- High-efficiency washer and dryer provided
- Space-saving breakfast bar
- Multiple ceiling fans
- Window blinds
- Cable and internet-ready
- River views in select apartments
- Conveniently located in the Lower Garden District
- Gated parking available
- 1 BR
- 2 BR
- 52 Units
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.
There are currently no upcoming events created for this location. A default “Upcoming Events: None” message will appear on the page.
There are currently no upcoming events at this location. Please check back soon for updates!
Join Our Team
We’re proud of our team members. If you are seeking new career opportunities, we’d love for you to explore a role within our community.