The Home Depot Foundation
Since April 2011, we have partnered with The Home Depot Foundation to provide quality homes to veterans and their families nationwide.
The Home Depot Foundation is dedicated to improving the homes of U.S. military veterans through financial and volunteer resources to help nonprofit organizations. The Foundation has pledged $80 million to these efforts over five years and since 2011 has invested more than $65 million to ensure every veteran has a safe place to call home.
Through Team Depot, the company’s associate-led volunteer program, thousands of Home Depot associates volunteer their time and talents to positively transform neighborhoods and perform basic repairs and modifications to homes and facilities serving veterans with critical housing needs.
Since its formation in 2002, The Home Depot Foundation has granted more than $380 million to nonprofit organizations improving homes and lives in local communities. To learn more and see our associates in action, visit www.homedepotfoundation.org.
Volunteers of America's Work with The Home Depot Foundation
To date, the Foundation has pledged almost $8 million to Volunteers of America over four years to benefit homeless veterans by repairing and renovating properties and providing permanent supportive housing for veterans and their families.
Each project includes numerous opportunities for Team Depot, The Home Depot’s associate-led volunteer force, to get involved as well. Together, Volunteers of America and The Home Depot Foundation have refurbished or built housing for more than 2,000 homeless veterans and many of their family members.
Partnership News and Success Stories
- Home Depot Helps Put Finishing Touches on Community for Homeless Female Veterans
- The Home Depot Foundation Provides Volunteers of America with Almost $1.8 Million to Provide Homes and Services to Veterans in Need
- The Home Depot Foundation Participates in Volunteers of America's "After the Uniform 2014: Responding to America’s Women Warriors" Panel Discussion
- With Assistance from The Home Depot Foundation, Volunteers of America, the Largest Provider of Veterans Services, Offers Insight on Returning Women Veterans
- From Homelessness to a Master's Degree: The Impact of The Home Depot Foundation on a Veteran's Life
- Home Depot Beautifies Clermont Commons, Transitional Homes for Female Veterans
- What's Orange and White and Loves Stars and Stripes? - The Home Depot Foundations Helps Transform Sprawling Veterans' Service Center Propety
- Transitional Housing Program for Homeless Women Veterans Allows for Self-Sufficiency
- “I was surprised they had a place like this for veterans.” - veteran suffering from PTSD at a program The Home Depot Foundation helps fund
- Home Depot Renovates Shelter for Homeless Female Veterans and Battered Women and Children