No social change has ever taken place without the energy and perseverance of movements and advocates.
What is the Seniors Action Network?
The Seniors Action Network is a grassroots movement organized to give America's seniors and their advocates a greater voice in public policy. The network recruits, educates and trains advocates to take leadership in the formation of public policy by direct outreach to decision makers.
Why build a grassroots network?
- We must organize to influence public policy.
- Grassroots organizing is an essential strategy to help us achieve short-term and long-term policy reforms.
- Together, we can advance issues, challenge failed systems, and become respected participants in decisions that affect our communities.
- Together, we can influence public awareness, political will, and decision-makers.
- We need to educate decision-makers, and the best way to do so is by telling your story.
What is the mission of the Seniors Action Network?
Our mission is to advocate, with one voice, for policies that ensure the best resources and greatest opportunities for America's older adults.
- Expanding an ongoing and influential presence on Capitol Hill.
- Mobilizing a growing network of advocates for older adults throughout the nation.
- Cultivating relationships with the media to highlight issues impacting older adults.
What are the current legislative goals of the Seniors Action Network?
Our current goals are:
- Affordable senior housing: preservation of existing housing communities and construction of new housing to keep up with demand.
- Quality senior living and care communities.
- Removing barriers to Medicare/Medicaid.