Sojourn at Seneca is a comprehensive inpatient behavioral health hospital designed for older adults. The main goal of treatment is to overcome current crisis, achieving personal growth in the process.
In collaboration with each patient's physician, our team of health care professionals designs an individual treatment program to address emotional and psychological health, as well as any outstanding physical and medical issues a patient is experiencing. Sojourn at Seneca's behavioral health program is specially designed to meet older adults' therapeutic needs, while offering a comfortable and welcoming environment during treatment.
- Education for patients about their illness
- Methods of relating to friends and family
- Strategies for dealing with the world around them
- Patient orientation
- Group questions and concerns
- Decrease isolation and encourage sense of community
- Patients, families and staff create realistic and attainable goals
- Patient ownership of process and goals
- Evaluate and adjust medications
- Short-term medication adjustment
- Educate patients/families about new or additional medication
- Discharge plan of action for use or possible decrease in use of medication