WELCOME TO MANATEE SUPPORTIVE HOUSING
The Manatee Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Psychiatric Disabilities Program provides housing and support services for adults with severe and persistent mental illness. Rent on all U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) subsidized apartments is based on participant income. Volunteers of America of Florida is a 501c3 nonprofit outcome-based program where participants are required to volunteer or have gained employment, attend a training/education program, remain psychiatrically stable, and remain free of psychiatric hospitalization or incarceration.
- Individual and group therapy
- Assigned Independent Life Coach
- In-Service and Post-Service Referrals
- Individual 1 bedroom apartments
- Onsite Resident manager
- Onsite community room
- Onsite washer & dryer
- Easy access to public transportation
- Must be diagnosed with a severe and persistent psychiatric disability
- Individuals aged 18 years or older that are currently receiving mental health treatment.
- Must self-administer medication.
- Independent living skills are required.
- Clean and sober and working in a recovery program.
- Attend all behavioral health and medical appointments.
- Remain clean and sober and working a recovery program.
- Working on goals listed on individual treatment plans.
- Meeting all program outcomes by volunteering, seeking/gaining employment or pursuing education while remaining free of repetitive hospitalizations or incarcerations.
- Central Florida Behavioral Health Network Inc (CFBHN)
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
There are currently no upcoming events created for this location. A default “Upcoming Events: None” message will appear on the page.
There are currently no upcoming events at this location. Please check back soon for updates!
Join Our Team
We’re proud of our team members. If you are seeking new career opportunities, we’d love for you to explore a role within our community.