- 20 Units
LIFE House of Asheville
LIFE (Living Independently For Everyone) House of Asheville was designed to provide independent living for persons with severe physical disabilities. This community is available for persons qualified for the Project-Based Section 8 Rental Assistance Program through the Asheville Housing Authority. Monthly Community meetings allow the residents to share about their disabilities and resources in the area. Bus service for mobility impaired persons transports from the front door of LHA.
- Computer lab with internet
- Adaptations for most disabilities
- Monthly community meetings
- Laundry on-site
- Community and kitchen area for group activities
- Cook-outs and community meals
- Central courtyard area for residents allows for vegetable and flower plantings
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.