- 15 Units
706 Independence Circle
Ruston, LA 71270
- Persons with Disabilities
- OtherWe periodically provide other types of housing beyond housing for seniors, veterans, families and persons with disabilities.
- Equal Housing Opportunity
- Handicap accessible
- Partnership for Sustainable Communities
Independence Meadows provides opportunities to establish independent living for individuals who suffer from chronic mental illness. We take pride in our management and in our apartment community. Our fifteen spacious one-bedroom apartments are within walking distance to the grocery, drug store, numerous fast food restaurants, medical services, and local banks. The complex also features on-site laundry facilities. A site manager and service coordinator are on staff for property management and to link tenants to needed services in the community. We are proud of our community and look forward to having you join us.
- Community Room where volunteers conduct game days, movie days, craft days, and birthday parties
- Cable in the Community Room
- Thanksgiving Dinner for all tenants
- A Christmas party for all tenants including dinner and exchanging of gifts
- Independence Meadows allows pets.
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.