- 60 Units
158 North Street
Portland, ME 04101
- SeniorsWe provide housing for seniors who want to live independent lifestyles where they can thrive and age in place.
- Equal Housing Opportunity
- Handicap accessible
- Partnership for Sustainable Communities
Bayview Heights is an independent housing community for persons 62 years or older. Our community is located on Munjoy Hill in Portland, Maine just one block from Casco Bay. Bayview Heights is a secured building located near churches, medical care, markets, pharmacies, bus routes, library, community gardens, walking trails and much more.
- 24 hour emergency on-call service
- Computer learning lab with internet access
- Salon services
- Weekly bingo
- Garden space
- Monthly blood pressure clinic
- On-site Resident Service Coordinator
- Free light breakfast Monday - Friday
- Lunch available
- Spacious community areas include TV room, laundry room open 24/7, sitting area in lobby and all landings
- In-house mailroom
- Regional Transportation Program provides transportation to local grocery store every Monday morning
- Outreach Library delivers books to residents
- Site visit by podiatrist
- Outdoor area with BBQ grill and picnic tables
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.