This Is Why We Do What We Do™
Over 670,000 Americans are homeless.
48 million people go hungry every night
46.2 million Americans live in poverty.
We always step forward to help the most vulnerable. For 118 years, we have taken on the most difficult tasks to help the most underserved. And what do those we help say about us?
This is why we do what we do.
- "Thank you for my new shoes. I wear them to school every day."
- "I miss my mom a lot but I'm glad you take good care of her."
- "Thank you for seeing me as a veteran and not a homeless man."
- "You showed me not everyone in this world is against me. Thank you!!!"
- "When you are alone, time passes very slowly. Thank you for your visits. It helps a lot."
- "Thank you for actually listening to me and caring about what I have to say."
- "For the first time in a long time, I can trust someone. I want to say thank you!"
- "Thank you. You did not give up on me."
We help over 2.5 million people a year…..and counting. Learn more about the services we provide
View some of the stories behind our print ads.