Mary Marshall Assisted Living Residence
Assisted Living for Older People with Disabilities
Volunteers of America recently partnered with the Arlington County Department of Health and Human Services to merge our experiences with seniors and people with disabilities and collectively deliver a unique program model, which will allow each individual to age in place in their home at Mary Marshall. View photos of our February 15, 2012 Grand Opening.
At Mary Marshall, all of our services are about helping those we support create whole lives. We are strongly committed to the principles of person-centered planning and individual choice.
We help our residents focus on identifying their own strengths. We help them build upon their own personal assets, interests and desires. And our staff is able to support the health and safety needs of each person, including personal independence and assistance with activities of daily living, as needed. As part of a faith-based organization, Volunteers of America staff are fueled by love and compassion, and an unfailing dedication to the human spirit.
A Comprehensive Program of Care for Mind and Body
Our staff is committed to a comprehensive mission of serving the whole person in a safe and nurturing environment—a home, surrounded by a family of caring professionals. We understand that individuals seldom have one presenting challenge, but rather need supportive services aimed at addressing the multiple needs in their lives.
Mary Marshall residents must be:
Professional person-centered services include:
- 55 years of age or older
- Income-eligible for subsidized living
- Have a chronic disability
- Supervision and assistance with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living)
- Nursing, medication administration and health care monitoring
- Individualized chronic disease management and education
- Recommendations for services needed to maintain and promote health and safety
- Social services
- Recreational and leisure activities
- Nutritional services with three meals a day and snacks
- Spacious, attractive private room and bath
- Wellness center
- Attractive dining room and lounge areas
- Computer access with Internet capability
- Transportation assistance